Nicole and I created this easy menu so you can enjoy your party. Our menu is a “glam’ed up” version of simple foods with lots of “Fake It Don’t Make It” mixed in.
1. Truffle parmesan popcorn
2. Devilled eggs topped with caviar
3. Gorgonzola and Fig Crostini
4. Pre-made appetizers (President’s Choice)
5. For dessert, a “Chocoterie” platter – various types of chocolates and chocolate desserts displayed on a board
Truffle Parmesan Popcorn
PC Microwave Popcorn
PC Parmesan Cheese
PC Black Label White Truffle Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ground Black Pepper
1. Pop microwave popcorn according to directions (Sticking to our “Fake it, Don’t Make it” motto, we simplified this recipe even further by using microwave popcorn). I made Nicole get the Extra Butter Flavour. Nicole usually uses Plain or Butter Flavour popcorn. Once popping comes to a halt, open the bag and place it in a bowl. Allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile finely grate parmesan cheese.
3. Pour truffle oil over the popcorn and gently toss. Sprinkle with parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
For the original Recipe please click here.
Devil Eggs Topped with Caviar
6 lage eggs
1/4 cup PC mayonnaise
1 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon PC yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
Black caviar for garnishing
1.Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there’s 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
2.Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
3.Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. We made this recipe “Oscar-worthy” by adding the caviar on top and serve.
Gorgonzola and Fig Crostini
8 baguette slices
4 Figs, cut into thin wedges
1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette (optional)
Walnuts for garnish
1.Preheat broiler. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet. Broil until lightly toasted on 1 side.
2.Mash crumbled Gorgonzola and 1 tablespoon butter in small bowl until smooth. Spread Gorgonzola mixture evenly over untoasted side of baguette slices. Top with figs and walnuts. Drizzle oil over figs. Broil until Gorgonzola mixture bubbles around edges, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette if you want. Transfer crostini to platter and serve.
Assorted PC Ready Made Appetizers
Assorted chocolates (dark, milk and white chocolate)
Rosemary sprigs for garnish
We purchased the bark and chocolates from the Sweets counter at Loblaws. They are sold separately and are definitely a treat. Don’t have anything like that close by? Not a problem, purchase boxed chocolates and arrange like we did above. To fake the bark purchase some nice chocolate bars and break apart to create your own bark.